Ultra clean compressor / limiter, now more flexible!
Ultra clean peak compressor/limiter with punchy attack, musical release, and optional lookahead smoothing, for tracks or busses. Zero/low latency and low CPU.
Looking for Fircomp 1? Find it here
Follow Jon V Audio on twitter for updates and info on new releases
- Fast or same-sample attack times that never sound "clicky", even in zero latency mode
- Even cleaner than Fircomp 1. Both can be used side-by-side
- Innovative digital envelope detection allows for much lower distortion than typical peak compressors, without overshoot or lag
- Optional lookahead FIR gain smoothing for an even cleaner sound
- Shape-able release stage with musical, highly history-dependent behaviour. Avoids use of multiple compressors in series!
- Sidechain hipass filter and external sidechain ability
- Easy stereo options with stereo link and balance
- Mid / side processing mode
- Perceived loudness metering, with easy makeup gain and balance snapping
- Switchable vertical or horizontal gain reduction metering, with adjustable range
- Quick loading of presets, bucket comparison system
- Make it yours, with a resizable GUI, customizable colours and background image!
- Low CPU, fully 64-bit DSP code, making full use of SSE instructions. Insert on every track without a second thought!
- Zero latency with lookahead off. With lookahead on, compensated latency of 1.5ms
- No phase shift or change in frequency response of the audio signal
Fircomp 2 is available as a digital download. You will also receive future updates. Please try the demo versions to check full compatibility with your system before purchasing.
Click below to purchase:
Download demo versions
Manual: Download PDF!
- 64-bit VST3 demo for Windows: Download demo!
- VST3 and Mac AU demo for Mac OSX 10.11+ (universal binary)*: Download demo!
*The universal binary version contains both the native M1 and native Intel code
VST is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
Installation simply involves downloading and unzipping the correct file, then copying the plugin file/bundle into the correct folder/directory for your system. Depending on your DAW or host software, you may then need to "rescan" your plugin folder. The folders/directories suggested below are the defaults for most systems, but you may have a different preferred location.
- Windows VST3: Copy the FirComp.vst3 file to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 folder.
- Mac OSX VST3: Copy the FirComp2.vst3 file to the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 folder. If this folder is not visible, from the finder you can click on Go -> Go to folder to navigate to it.
- Mac OSX AU2: Copy the FirComp2.component file to the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder. If this folder is not visible, from the finder you can click on Go -> Go to folder to navigate to it.
OSX "unquarantine" command file
The fircomp2_unquarantine.command file included with the OSX versions of the plugin is designed to be run before copying the plugin files(s) to the system folders (listed above). It simply removes the "quarantine" attribute from the downloaded plugin files, and has no other effect on your system. It does this using the xattr program included with OSX. To close Terminal after this process has completed, simply go to Terminal -> Quit Terminal, or press Cmd-Q while the terminal window is selected.
Linux VST3: A linux x64 VST3 version has been made available for testing. Please email me (see contact section below) if you would like to try it. An official linux release will be coming soon.
Apple M1: Fircomp 2 is now distributed as a "universal binary" which contains native code for both the M1 and Intel CPUs. They share the same codebase, however the Intel version has received much more testing so far, and I intend to do much more thorough testing once I have direct access to an M1 mac myself.
AAX: Although I hope to support this format one day, there is currently no planned date to release an AAX version of Fircomp 2.
32-bit VST3, 32-bit AU2, 64/32 bit VST2: There are no plans for Fircomp 2 to support these formats.
Contact, support, and bugs
Please send support requests / feedback / bug reports to: fircomp at jonvaudio dot com. If asking for support or help, please provide:
If at all possible, videos or screenshots demonstrating your issue can also be very helpful.
- The exact operating system version(s)
- The exact DAW versions(s)
- The exact Fircomp 2 version
Jon V Audio is Jon Ville, a software developer and music producer from London, UK.
© Jon Ville 2021